Mounting my RS-3's

phips25

After doing a search it did not turn up much information so I am going to pose my unique situation question. I have a drywalled air-conitioning duct that I need to hang the speaker off of the bottom of. During my search here I have tured up this mount http://www.electronicaccessory.com/mall/bkspe.asp that semms to work. The only problem is I think is I will have to get a peice of plywood and drill two screw into it and mount the speaker on that and then attatch the mount onto the onther side of the plywood. Does this sound like a feasible plan or can someone else think up a better idea.

Thanks,

Phips

Keith sent me this picture everyone he said it isnt his and this is the exact setup I want to do. Can anyone claim the ownership to this craftsmanship, I was wondering if just drywall could suport this with toggle bolts. Does everyone think that the MDF board will hold the speaker?

Thanks,

Phips

post-9783-1381924584891_thumb.jpg

m00n said:

What ever you do, don't let skonopa help you mount your speakers, his speakers fall off the walls and bust other things up.

, oohhh you gonna make me cwyyyy - WAAAHAHHH - MOMMY - HE'S PICKING ON MEEEE!!!!!!

Geez, with friends like that who the hell needs enemys 9.gif.

You know, I am actually coming out your way later this winter, unfortunaly, I'll only be in Seattle just long enough to catch a bus up to Vancouver than another up to Blackcomb/Whistler to do some skiing for a week and thus will not be anywhere near Portland, OR.

skonopa...

I see how ya are.2.gif

Well, thats cool your making your way out this way. Hope ya have fun. If plans change let me know. However, thinking about it though, my system may be out of commission durring that time. Gonna be hard times for a while4.gif

m00n said:

skonopa...

I see how ya are.

Well, thats cool your making your way out this way. Hope ya have fun. If plans change let me know. However, thinking about it though, my system may be out of commission durring that time. Gonna be hard times for a while

Well, the thing is that I am going out with a group of something like 9 people, so convincing the others to make a side trip to Portland just won't happen. If I was going by myself, I'd try to get a day or two in for a visit.

BTW, that'll suck - having no system for a little while - oh boy, the withdrawals 14.gif. May have to find a Bose store to tide you over, eh? 11.gif.

----------------

On 12/20/2002 1:00:52 AM skonopa wrote:

May have to find a Bose store to tide you over, eh?
11.gif

----------------

Funny you should mention that. There is a Bose outlet store about 20 miles away.

Which there was a Klipsh outlet. Might actually be able to hear some heritage speakers.

I have two pair of the RS-3s for my Yamaha RX-V2095. I mounted mine directly to the wall using dry-wall anchors. These particular anchors were pretty cool, different from most you see. They have a diameter od approx. 3/8" and the body of the anchor is cork-screwed so you can drive them straight into the dry-wall with #2 phillips head screwdriver. They can hold up to 50 lbs, so the RS-3s 12lbs wasn't a problem. I'm more into quality than quantity, but have done my fair share of CRANKING up the volume. They have been mounted for over a year without loosening or any other problems. I purchased mine from Menard's, but have seen them at Home Depot, and Lowe's as well. Hope this helps.