KLF10 an upgrade ?

gentlejax

I found  a pair of KLF10 Black for what I think is high ($600) but in great shape supposedly.  its very rare to find any speakers for sale near me.  I usually have to run to Dallas which is 2-3hrs west of me.  i have Emotiva T2 towers right now but have wanted to try something else .

is the KLF10 worth the asking price or is it way off?  I have to decide today because if I dont go after work to get them he will sell them.

if its not an upgrade then i will just hold off

1 hour ago, gentlejax said:

I found  a pair of KLF10 Black for what I think is high ($600) but in great shape supposedly.  its very rare to find any speakers for sale near me.  I usually have to run to Dallas which is 2-3hrs west of me.  i have Emotiva T2 towers right now but have wanted to try something else .

is the KLF10 worth the asking price or is it way off?  I have to decide today because if I dont go after work to get them he will sell them.

if its not an upgrade then i will just hold off

I can't say whether or not it is an upgrade over the emotiva speakers, but they are good speakers.  I feel like they are priced high, but Klipsch prices on the used market has sky rocketed in the past year, so I just don't know.  They are a 2-way speaker.  With a tweeter diaphragm upgrade from Crites, they sound better (IMO).  The bigger brothers KLF20 & KLF30 sound much better since they are a 3-way design, but the KLF10s have really good bass.  Ultimately, its up to you whether or not it is an upgrade.  You could always try to resell them if you are not impressed after listening to them for awhile.  Just make sure you listen to them before buying to make sure all is well, drivers and cabinets.  Some of the KLF cabinets had issues with the front and rear panels coming unglued.  If you are handy, its not a hard process, just time consuming.  The easiest way to notice the issue is to play something with a bunch of bass, you will usually notice cabinet rattling noises.