Cables for RF-3s??????

Stephen328

Well, RF-3s early next year. Cant Wait. Been looking around at cables. First of all im incredibly cheap and i consider the $850 im spening on RF-3s a small, but well used fortune. Monster cable is nice but i really think its overpriced. Right now im running Acoustic Research professional with my JBLs, and im very happy with it. Ill be bi-amping the RF-3s with my Yamaha m-4 (120w x 4). It wont accept anything bigger than 14 gauge, and uses spring loaded connections. SO what i need is 4 runs of speaker cable, and two RCA cables. I want to use the same brand for the RCA and Cables, but I'm just not convinced by the value of Monster. It would be nice to wire them with Z series, as they are internally wired with them. Maybe I could use a different type cable for the HF and LF. I really need some solid advice. Thanks.

The cable debate has raged in this and other forums, and you might be well served to do a search in this forum on "RF-3" and "cable" together and see what you find.

FWIW, I dropped buckets of money on interconnects and speaker wire, and the differences are minimal, particularly if your speaker cabling needs are less than 12'. For < 12 feet runs, good quality OFC cable, 12 or 14 gauge, from just about any reputable manufacturer will do a nice job. If you choose to bi-wire, you might also find that you get more than adequate results from modestly priced OFC cable.

BTW, there is no science to the 12' number. You might also find you get good results from longer runs with modestly priced cable, thought I might opt for 12 guage for runs over 12'.

I've also had good results with Radio Shack's best quality A/V interconnects.