Two Towers

phips25

the second tower is the one in mordor. remember the one with the eye ("reathed in flame") at the top of it.

the special effects blunder i was talking about was the one with the hobbits on top of the tree. in some instances it is very obvious, and looks hideous. but it is rare, and the rest of the time it kinda sticks to you and it's all you stare at. i thought the skateboard scene was very well done. you clearly see that the shield is not smoothly sliding down the slope, but since legolas (the elf) is weightless he keeps himself steady.

although my favorite scene in the movie is when legolas does the flip thing on the horse after he spots the orcs on the wargs. that was the coolest scene, i thought.

the second tower is the one in mordor. remember the one with the eye ("reathed in flame") at the top of it.

the special effects blunder i was talking about was the one with the hobbits on top of the tree. in some instances it is very obvious, and looks hideous. but it is rare, and the rest of the time it kinda sticks to you and it's all you stare at. i thought the skateboard scene was very well done. you clearly see that the shield is not smoothly sliding down the slope, but since legolas (the elf) is weightless he keeps himself steady.

although my favorite scene in the movie is when legolas does the flip thing on the horse after he spots the orcs on the wargs. that was the coolest scene, i thought.

yes, all elves are weightless. remember in the first movie when they're walking in the snow and all the characters are buried chest high in snow, and legolas is the only one that's walking on top of the snow. or when arwen wants to be the one to ride frodo to rivendell because she says "she's the faster rider" well that's only because she is weightless. and that's why gimli rides with legolas in the second movie. or else legolas would be way faster than the other two.

man this movie is popular. i went to see it last sunday and the theater was sold out. the latest box office figures show that it has made 243 million dollars in its first 17 days in the US alone. it should pass harry potter this weekend which has been out for 50 days.