Need Instructions To Replace X-Over Network In RP-8000F

MusicManLarry

Hello All!

This is my first post.

I just purchased a pair of RP-8000F Floor Standers. The Tweeter in one unit would go into nasty, raspy distortion when at appropriate home theater levels (75 to 85 dB in the room). I contacted tech support and informed them that the issue was either the Tweeter or the Crossover Network. I was sent a new Tweeter and after installing it, got nothing out of the Tweeter. I swapped the old and new Tweeters several times (checking the connections carefully) and still nothing out of the Tweeter. The Woofers are fine.

I have to conclude that the Crossover Network has gone belly up or that there is an open connection between the X-over and the Tweeter. Klipsch is sending me a new X-over unit. When they sent the Tweeter, a diagram was included. No such diagram is available for the Crossover replacement.

Has any one pulled a Crossover from an RP-8000F? Is it better to go in from the back (port or terminal plate), or through a removed woofer hole (top or bottom Woofer)?

Any help would be appreciated so I don't do more than is necessary to accomplish the replacement.

Thanks!!

MusicManLarry, Tucson, AZ

• 1 year later...