Does RP-6000f really sound more natural than RP-8000f?

ibuy1956

Hi all, I read a comment on the web a couple months ago where a guy said "the 6000s sound a bit more natural in the mids than the 8000s".

I figured that if true, it might be because the 6000f's woofers, being smaller, therefore less mass, might be better able to render mid-range.

Is the guy's statement true and if so, by how much?

I bought the 6000s and they're currently my front L & R, but I also want a pair of 8000s. I'm thinking of maybe moving the 6000s to the rear or surround positions and using the 8000s as front left and right.

I don't limit their use to movies/TV; I also listen to SACDs on the system and I'm tired of the old bookshelf speakers in the rear.

Any comments from those who've heard both would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

PS: I realized after posting that my surround sound comment might be a bit out of place in the 2 channel section here, but I really want input from folks who do a lot of critical stereo listening rather than just movie listening as I've noticed a bit more critical pickiness coming from stereo audiophiles when it comes to the finer nuances of recorded sound; and I need the picky-peoples' input for this I think.

15 hours ago, ibuy1956 said:

Hi all, I read a comment on the web a couple months ago where a guy said "the 6000s sound a bit more natural in the mids than the 8000s".

I figured that if true, it might be because the 6000f's woofers, being smaller, therefore less mass, might be better able to render mid-range.

I think there might be some validity to that theory.  I feel like that is what makes my RF-63s so special and balanced.

Bill

• Like 1

Hi Bill, thanks for the reply. Wow, I didn't know that Klipsch made a three woofer beast like the one you own. I'm a bit envious of the specs on yours 🤢

Your bottom end is even lower than the RF7-III !

I think I might get the 8000s anyway though. After break-in, if they don't resolve as clean as the 6000s I can always assign the 8000s to rear/surround duty. 

I realize Klipsch makes fine THX rears and surrounds for this but I really do want to experiment with full-range sound coming from all speakers - especially since I listen to surround music discs when not watching movies.

Now if I could just figure out what to get to replace my conventional movie-style center speaker. According to the forum guys, it should ideally be the same as the front L and R, but I don't think Klipsch towers are sold individually, are they?

Plus, I'd have to elevate my TV quite a bit.

I have a pair of Heresy IIIs. Maybe I could use one of those for the center - although it's nowhere near full-range, but it does render voices well.