Surround 3’s Not Working

R1c0

I just purchased a Cinema 600 system with the surround 3 speakers. I hooked everything up Friday night and everything was working great. Then yesterday I power up the system to watch a few shows and movies and only the right side surround 3 speaker is playing sound. The left one will not play any sound no matter what. I tried resetting and reconnecting everything multiple times. I updated the software on the sound bar and woofer, and that did not help either. Can anyone offer any advice on what to do? 

Edited by R1c0

• 2 weeks later...

I was given a Cinema 600 to replace a Bar 48 that I had nothing but problems with. Set up the 600 and I'm having exactly the same problem you're having . One Surround 3 speaker or no speaker would pair. They alternate which side too. LOL. Tried upgrading soundbar firmware, it locked up and now neither the bar or the subwoofer will turn on. Between the 48 and this one I've been at it a couple months. I have a set of corner horns that are over 30 years old. I have their 7.1 entertainment center system. All great, worth every penny. I'm so frustrated with this wireless stuff. It's good thing there's no phone support on Saturdays.  

Edited by itsmeray

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2021 at 5:23 PM, itsmeray said:

I was given a Cinema 600 to replace a Bar 48 that I had nothing but problems with. Set up the 600 and I'm having exactly the same problem you're having . One Surround 3 speaker or no speaker would pair. They alternate which side too. LOL. Tried upgrading soundbar firmware, it locked up and now neither the bar or the subwoofer will turn on. Between the 48 and this one I've been at it a couple months. I have a set of corner horns that are over 30 years old. I have their 7.1 entertainment center system. All great, worth every penny. I'm so frustrated with this wireless stuff. It's good thing there's no phone support on Saturdays.  

So how did you fix the problem??????

• 2 years later...

Hello @R1c0, @itsmeray, @CH315, @Dlayhue01

I just came across this thread otherwise I would have replied sooner.

I use the Surround 3's with my soundbars.

First, I had a BAR 48 so I know all about those issues. I too was given a Cinema 600 as a warranty replacement so I know all about the Cinema 600 issues too. My Cinema 600 died completely after a couple of months. I had just updated the firmware to the latest version a few days before Klipsch pulled that update. 

While Klipsch is pretty good about providing warranty replacements, if you are within the warranty period, the Cinema 600 doesn't really qualify as a replacement for the BAR 48. The BAR has more features than does the Cinema 600 and, while a warranty replacement doesn't have to be the same model, it does have to have compatible or better features than the model it is replacing.

Both the BAR series and the Cinema series soundbars have major reliability issues, especially the BAR 48 and the Cinema 600. The most recently manufactured Cinema 600's are labeled Rev 3. 😞

When I pointed out to Klipsch that the BAR 48 specs had features not present in the Cinema 600, they replaced my dead Cinema 600 with a Cinema 800 that had just been released. Through all of this, my Surround 3's never gave me any problems.

Here are some suggestions how to troubleshoot Surround 3 pairing issues.

• Move the Surround 3's close to the soundbar, say 3 to 5 feet, just in case there are any signal strength or interference issues.
  • Move any bluetooth or Wi-Fi devices that could cause interference away from your soundbar.
  • Make sure the switch on the back of the Surround 3's are set correctly: One should be in the "L" position; the other in the "R" position.

If only one of the Surround 3 speakers is paired, try reversing the switches on the back so that left becomes right and right becomes left and try to pair them again. If the same physical speaker again pairs successfully, that would suggest the other speaker has an issue. If however the other speaker pairs successfully it would suggest that the soundbar is only able to pair to a specific channel (either the left or the right) and the failure to pairing is due to an issue with the soundbar.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest you read these Cinema 600 articles.

• Like 1