How to ENABLE R-51PM Auto-Standby?

jasonts

Hi,

I've got the Klipsch R-51PM. Unfortunately they do not turn off after I shut down my computer. In the beginning the reason might have been the powered USB Port, but that is fixed now. 

They were an amazon Warehouse Sale and I suspect, that the auto standby was turned off by the previous buyer.

Unfortunately the Manual only explains how to disable it, but not how to enable. It is very confusing, too. In the end for disabling I'd expect a purple LED. Is that like a togle and repeating it should enable this feature again? Or do I need to see another color to re-enable this?

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by jasonts

• jasonts changed the title to How to ENABLE R-51PM Auto-Standby?
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the same question. Can anyone answer jasonts's question here about how to enable auto-standby for r-51pm? I didn't actually intentionally disable auto-standy but after working yesterday (first day with these speakers) it doesn't seem to be working today. By that I mean that they don't automatically power off after I have turned off the audio source (TV). BTW, I am using the optical audio as the audio signal. I know that it takes time for the speakers to auto shut off, but I waited hours (all night). Weird that it was working yesterday but not today. Hmmm... I did not intentionally disable auto-standby but I figured I would attempt to re-enable auto-standby in case it got disabled somehow. But per jasonts, the manual is unclear about how to re-enable auto-standby.

Edited by gregk