Are my The Fives defective? (photo + video)

John Bee

Hi,

I recently got a new pair of The Fives. On the very first day I noticed that the control wheels are skewed and thus the right side of them are scratching/touching the silver panel. I returned the speakers back to the seller, but they are saying that this is by design. I really doubt that because judging from photos online and common sense it does look like a defect to me. I've attached photos to this thread and recorded a video as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24mSAiQj0tM

Can you please check your The Fives and let me know if the control wheels on yours are the same? Adding a photo would be ideal.

Thank you!

Best,

John

IMG_0499.jpg

photo.jpg

nogap.jpg

Edited by John Bee
Added another photo

I would have never noticed until I read your message but mine do too. Although I would call it sloppy QC instead of "by design". I can hear a slight rubbing sound from both actually when turning them, seems to come from the front right side on both, as if they were mounted on a slight diagonal instead of perpendicular to the slot. But like I said I have never noticed it before so it didn't bother me. When I first looked at them and even looking at the picture you don't see it, or at least I didn't. It's only when I was looking straight down and turning them that I noticed.

528593576_skewed_knobs2.thumb.jpg.b37fa1fe24ddbfd44c8a3aa999a3aa0b.jpg

13 hours ago, techguy52 said:

I would have never noticed until I read your message but mine do too. Although I would call it sloppy QC instead of "by design". I can hear a slight rubbing sound from both actually when turning them, seems to come from the front right side on both, as if they were mounted on a slight diagonal instead of perpendicular to the slot. But like I said I have never noticed it before so it didn't bother me. When I first looked at them and even looking at the picture you don't see it, or at least I didn't. It's only when I was looking straight down and turning them that I noticed.

Thanks for sharing! It actually does seem better in your case - if I had your pair it would not bother me.