The BIG The Fives EQ update is finally here!!

John Bee

On 6/18/2022 at 10:16 PM, Hannes said:

Hey guys, I just learned from another forum member that with the hardware version 02.00.01 of the speakers, the EQ settings are saved successfully. 

Hello! I have hardware version 02.00.01 of the speakers, but the EQ settings are not saved successfully (in my iphone app) after updating the firmware to version 1.6.9. I am disappointed in Klipsch.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 12:43 PM, Hannes said:

After half a year of "Klipsch zero information policy" and my extremely bad experience with the support, I have now found an old firmware and just tried to install it via usb-stick.

So what can I say? The downgrade to version 5.8.0 (the one with the 3 bass modes) worked like a charm. 

For me, every misbehavior has disappeared. The loud popping noises are gone and the volume knob can be used again.

In addition, the speakers now automatically switch inputs again. I mean, if someone is listening via Bluetooth and then turns on the TV, they now switch to HDMI automatically again. That makes so much more sense than keeping the Bluetooth channel.

Sure, the EQ function is gone as well, but I just can't handle another "Whoops!". It looks like we cannot communicate with your Fives...". Not to mention that I was the only one in our house who dealt with this insane software anyway.

I've now happily uninstalled the app and I' m enjoying the speakers again as I did on day one. Case closed 🥲

The Fives 5.8.0.zip 43.53 kB · 52 downloads

Hi, 
Could you give some pointers how you managed to rollback to 5.8.0? 
I have tried multiple USB-sticks with the 3 files in that .zip but the Fives wont rollback. Once I power them on with the USB, it doesn't perform the update, rather going back to the previous input (after flashing USB input for a second or two).