Anyone using H/K avr520 with Cornwalls?

celtica

Hi,

I have been reading this for months, and this is my first post. I just recently bought a H/K AVR520 form Fry's on sale for $469. It would not have been my first choice, but seems like a great receiver for under $500.

So far, I only have it hooked up in Stereo to Cornwalls, and soon will be connecting an Academy center and pair of Heresys for the surround speakers.

Most things I have listened to so far sound way better than my old cheap Pioneer receiver. I have noticed that in a few songs, cymbals seen very harsh. Will this likely smooth out with some burn-in of the amp, or is this a problem I will need to figure out how to address?

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice.

Keep the tone controls set at flat. I have run my Corns with Yamaha, Denon, and now Parasound with B&K Pre. I have never thought the Corns sound to bright with any of that equipment. I have also powered them with an old (1970) Pioneer receiver. Although the Pioneer wasn't as powerful as the other 3, it still sounded sweet as could be. Could be your ears need to get adjusted too to the new sound of the Corns. I know this is a fragmented thought but I did have a problem with my 1st Yamaha receiver. Evidently the processor went bad and it was making a high pitched noise when I would use the DTS feature. I took it back and swapped for another one and it was as good as new.