The first pair of Klipsch’s out of dozens I’ve chosen to keep!

Panda

So I’ve been heavily involved in home theater for about 8 years, I work for the only legitimate high end retailer in Western Massachusetts and at the moment own dozens of pairs of speakers from Mirage M1’s to Revel Performa F50’s to LSi15’s and plenty of everything else in between. For about the last 3 years I’ve gotten into the groove of buying any home theater related gear provided there’s a good chance I’m going to at least double my money and have in turn used those funds to supplement my own constant case of upgraditus. A year ago I picked up a pair of SF2’s, with the SC1 and SS5 surrounds for $100 and immediately sold them a day later for $350. A few months later I took two pairs of RF82’s as a partial trade for a pair of Miller and Kreisel S150 THX bookshelfs and this time actually setup my LCR using 3 RF82’s and I was absolutely blown away by both how effortless they were to drive as well as how much I actually enjoyed the horn tweeter. Eventually my old roommate offered me $500 for all 4 and I had moved onto a trio of rare Mirage HDT-F’s for my LCR so I let them go. However all of the naysayers who told me I wouldn’t like the horn tweeter and that Klipsch is a second rate company has proven themselves to be wildly incorrect. I don’t have a specific style of speaker that I like, I’ve had 3 different THX ULTRA setups from Snell, M&K and Atlantic Technology and also equally have enjoyed my Mirage OMD-28’s and Def Tech D11’s so I’m all over the place. If a loudspeaker performs well in my room I’ve learned to just sit back and enjoy listening rather than critically analyzing any apparent weaknesses. This might sound stupid but I’m sad to say it’s true. Anyways today I bought a pair of RF3’s, an RC3, a pair of Polk Audio FX300i’s, a smaller Sapphire 10” P3SB subwoofer and an unopened Denon x2500h for $300 off a guy who’s wife decided she wanted Sonos in her house instead of large towers and an admittedly small subwoofer. I figure I’ll make my money back on the 2500h alone so I took the RF3’s and replaced the Revel Performa F50’s and single Gallo Acoustics AV reference speaker I was using as a CC and set them up. Power is coming from 3 Adcom GFA555’s bridged from a Denon x8500h. After listening to some of the new Beatles songs remastered in Atmos I watched a few scenes from some 4K Blu Ray’s I’m very familiar with and for the first time, probably since I had the 82’s I actually said outloud “These can’t be $800 price point speakers.” I cross everything over at 80hz for Atmos use as I have a MiniDSP HD 2x4 running a pair of Mirage BPS-400’s and a pair of SVS SB2000 Pro’s but for two channel music I generally will run my mains full range and I was not let down by the both the clarity, off axis performance and adequate but not overwhelming bass response. I’m new to the forum and after today plan on starting to pursue other Klipsch speakers I’ve always dismissed for no good reason. 

499FB376-2606-4CA2-8F0D-82ACF7F35891.jpeg

E8D8D4A5-6299-4E46-9241-4E1EBF5DFDDC.jpeg

• Like 1

they look really nice.  I do like the style of Klipsch.  I am new to the home theater scene, but I see a lot of hate against klipsch.  Is there any reason you didn't like them before?  I'm looking at upgrading and would like to hear more stories from Klipsch owners. 

• Like 1

Dislike is a better choice. Hate is a bit severe for critics. The RF-3s I listened to for HT and 

stereo. Worked out well for me.

Think jealousy comes into it.

Got my first pair of Klipsch in lieu of some pay at a home theater

store I worked at.

Chorus! 

Welcome to the forum y'all !

@Panda @Mallow81