Klipsch 500SA POSITION

Matthew.it

Hi everyone, my name is Mattia and i'm a fun of klipsch, in the last years after many searching and savings i bought this system, 2 RF 7 mark III, 1 RC 64 mark III, 4 RP 500sa and 2 RP 280 and 1 SVS PB 3000, with Denon 4700, i’m restoring my house, so i can finally enjoy my system, with all speakers, maybe, i hope. I watched many many threads here and everywhere, but still don’t understand if i’m doing the right things, that’s why i’m writing here in english, can i know what do you think about the klipsch 500sa position, here in my city nobody want help me because i already bougth all the speakers, so they don’t make money from my project. Don’t care about furniture. Thank you if you want help me. Mattia. Sorry about my english if did some mistake.

ROOM.JPG

Edited by Matthew.it

Welcome!

The placement looks good if you want them to be height effects speakers.  If you want them to be Dolby Atmos speakers they should be mounted to the ceiling, not the walls, and aimed at your couch.

Hi wuzzzer thank you for you time, well, i don't understand, why Klipsch called own speakers 500sa with Atmos, and they suggest walls position (pics) on the offical website, but seems that are more height effects speakers than Atmos speakers as you said. I saw Dolby website and setup 5.1.4 are like what you said. That why i'm still confused. 

Thank you wuzzzer! after your messages i saw the differents between "500sa height effects speakers" and "500sa ceiling overhead speakers";
and i think that 500sa are not so beautiful to see overhead, seems that was better the Klipsch Pro-180RPC for that choise, anyway i have my last question, 
can i use 2 x 500sa as a front height speakers and 2 x 500sa as a ceiling overhead speakers?

The 500sa is designed to be sat on top of your tower speakers and aimed at the ceiling.  This is a purpose made Dolby Atmos Enabled Speaker, an alternative location is mounting them on the wall as height speakers(least desired position).  In no circumstance does Klipsch recommend mounting that speaker on the ceiling, that's what In-Ceiling speakers are for.

58 minutes ago, Jay L said:

The 500sa is designed to be sat on top of your tower speakers and aimed at the ceiling.  This is a purpose made Dolby Atmos Enabled Speaker, an alternative location is mounting them on the wall as height speakers(least desired position).  In no circumstance does Klipsch recommend mounting that speaker on the ceiling, that's what In-Ceiling speakers are for.

It can be done safely if a person knows what they're doing.

Also, the upfiring "ceiling bounce" Atmos setup does almost nothing.  In or on-ceiling gives the best Atmos experience.

It can be done safely if a person knows what they're doing.

Also, the upfiring "ceiling bounce" Atmos setup does almost nothing.  In or on-ceiling gives the best Atmos experience.
Up-firing does work just fine. You haven't experienced an appropriate setup or wouldn't say that. I prefer a DAES setup as with In-ceiling speakers you can localize the speakers more easily.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Jay L said:

Up-firing does work just fine. You haven't experienced an appropriate setup or wouldn't say that. I prefer a DAES setup as with In-ceiling speakers you can localize the speakers more easily.

Sound localization is part of Dolby Atmos.  That's why they recommend direct radiating speakers versus dipole or bipole design.  The object based sounds are given pinpoint locations and not meant to be scattered everywhere.

Sound localization is part of Dolby Atmos.  That's why they recommend direct radiating speakers versus dipole or bipole design.  The object based sounds are given pinpoint locations and not meant to be scattered everywhere.
You're correct, the objects are supposed to localized. The issue is the speakers become more pinpoint and aren't as enveloping in my experience. As far as using non-direct radiators for surround channels, the WDST style surrounds work quite well. Dolby labs were quite impressed with the Klipsch system I demonstrated for them several years back.

Sorry for answering so late, well, i guess that i'm doing the right thing after reading your messages, (if i understood well some words) i have already done the speakers sockets and i have many spotlights in the ceiling, i'm still in time to change but i think that i don't have a lot of choises if i want use my 500sa, was nice reading your points, thank you boths, have i switch them on "surround" or "Atmos"?

Edited by Matthew.it