Can I get some feedback about the RC-7?

GabrielPhoto

12 hours ago, GabrielPhoto said:

Hi!
I have been testing the 504c and rc-64 iii and have been curious about the older RC-7 with the 8" drivers and 2.5 design.
Has anyone compared those by any chance?
Thanks

I have compared the RC-7 to the RC-64 & RC-64 II-- I thought the RC-7 bested the original 64 and was a toss up between the 64-II. The 64-II seemed to be higher resolution very clear and pronounced but had almost no bass response to speak of. The RC-7 is also very clear sounding just not quite as HD as the 64-II but the added bass response gives it a fuller more rounded sound giving more weight / tone to voices that personally I preferred over the 64-II. Hope this helps good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

I have compared the RC-7 to the RC-64 & RC-64 II-- I thought the RC-7 bested the original 64 and was a toss up between the 64-II. The 64-II seemed to be higher resolution very clear and pronounced but had almost no bass response to speak of. The RC-7 is also very clear sounding just not quite as HD as the 64-II but the added bass response gives it a fuller more rounded sound giving more weight / tone to voices that personally I preferred over the 64-II. Hope this helps good luck!

Sure helps!
One thing testing the 504c and the RC64 iii is the 504c seems to have some more bass to it and the RC64 seems a bit more laidback which I dont particularly want for my Center. 
Do you feel the RC-7 is more about the same as the 64 ii , more laidback or more forward?

Thanks!!

2 hours ago, GabrielPhoto said:

Do you feel the RC-7 is more about the same as the 64 ii , more laidback or more forward?

Thanks!!

I've never heard the 64-III hard to tell from memory its been quite awhile since I've ran a center speaker the RC-7 is a fantastic speaker in my opinion dialogue from TV or movies is very clear and distinct-- lesser center speakers I've owned would be hard to make out sounds at lower volumes not the case with the RC-7. I say the 7 is a toss up between the 64-II because I think overall clarity and resolution are a tad better in the 64-II but it comes at the cost of bass response which in turn makes the speaker sound a bit smaller less "meat" to the sound. The 7 has a slightly larger and deeper sound especially in male voices / vocals, which I personally preferred over the slightly clearer sound from the 64-II but I could see how others would not based on a number of factors. 

Basically bottom line if you can locate a good deal on an RC-7 I think it would be worth checking out but really you are the only one that can judge which one you prefer. Nice thing about quality Klipsch gear is that it holds its value so if it turns out you don't like it as much as the others should be simple to resell and get your money back.  

On 3/7/2022 at 12:28 PM, jjptkd said:

I've never heard the 64-III hard to tell from memory its been quite awhile since I've ran a center speaker the RC-7 is a fantastic speaker in my opinion dialogue from TV or movies is very clear and distinct-- lesser center speakers I've owned would be hard to make out sounds at lower volumes not the case with the RC-7. I say the 7 is a toss up between the 64-II because I think overall clarity and resolution are a tad better in the 64-II but it comes at the cost of bass response which in turn makes the speaker sound a bit smaller less "meat" to the sound. The 7 has a slightly larger and deeper sound especially in male voices / vocals, which I personally preferred over the slightly clearer sound from the 64-II but I could see how others would not based on a number of factors. 

Basically bottom line if you can locate a good deal on an RC-7 I think it would be worth checking out but really you are the only one that can judge which one you prefer. Nice thing about quality Klipsch gear is that it holds its value so if it turns out you don't like it as much as the others should be simple to resell and get your money back.  

Now I got all 3 and testing like crazy :D

20220309_144002.jpg

• Like 2

Small update. It seems that on their own, the 504c sounds  a bit more spacious sometimes than the RC-7 but when playing with my Mains and Subs (no other speaker) the RC-7 seems to just cut through the mix delivering better more clear dialogue or singing in the case of the Greatest showman Jenny Lind performance. Bass performance even with the 8" woofers is actually very similar and if anything the 504c seems a bit more tuned to bass in some frequencies.

Edited by GabrielPhoto