marantz 940 speakers...?

DrWho

well i've been searching the internet for a couple hours now and have found no info regarding the old marantz 940 speakers. some mystery person has literally left a pair of them at my door to be used for whatever, but i know absolutely nothing about them. they seem like home theater type speakers, but the note i found on them suggested use in a sound reinforcement setting. i figured some of u audio freaks out there might know something about them or guide me elsewhere on the internet.

i haven't tried pumping any volume through them yet (cause all my amps use 1/4" connections and these speakers use binding posts). i do know that these speakers be oldschool: 1) they're butt ugly brown, and 2) the woofers have dry rotted and have been blow madstyle. they gots cool knobs to adjust the volume of each of the speakers (woofer, mid range and 2 diff tweeters). the only thing i can think to do with this speakers is to take all them cool x-overs and slap some klipsch on 'em instead 2.gif

anyways, any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. oh ya, i did manage to find one crappy website that had a picture and some specs, but no interesting info: http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/0940.html

i just reread what i wrote and realized i was a bit scatterbrained and im too lazy to rewrite...basically what im looking for is some1 who knows anything about these speakers or if they can give me some other resources to check out. thx!