Where to scare up a Yamaha DDP-2?

skonopa

Does anybody know where I could find a Yamaha DDP-2 or an equivalent, but cheap DD decoder? I'd like to setup my old Yamaha HT gear down in the basement, but the reciever (a Yamaha RV-702) does not do Dolby Digital. If I cannot find that DDP-2 anywhere (I tried Ebay, but nothing came up in a search for it), will that ProMedia DD 5.1 work, or is that specific for the ProMedia speakers? Any other recommendations (I don't want to spend more than $200 on this). Perhaps, just get a cheap SACD/DVD player with a built in decoder?

Thanks.

The DD-51 is not made to work only with ProMedia systems. Infact, several pages of the manual are dedicated to using it in a home theater/audio setup.

The DD-51 has only two digital inputs instead of 4 but has 3 stereo inputs. The DD-51 also decodes DTS. The DD-51 uses the same chip as the Aragon stuff!

Is the manual for the DD-5.1 available online? I tried to find it on the Klipsch website, but no such luck. It looks like this will be my best bet in getting that old Yamaha reciever to work with the modern formats to use as a spare system down in the basement, unless I can get lucky and find a yamaha DDP-2 (which, I know will work with that reciever).

Crap, crap and more crap! I went and checked the back of that RV-702 reciever. Go figure that it doesn't have any pre-amp inputs to allow it to be hooked up to an external decoder. Oh well, that pretty much shot that idea to hell. It will still work for listening to CD and such, considering it is just a spare system for the game room down in the basement.