Will this work

@silverfox@

I currently have a acurus 125x5 amp with an adcom gtp600, a little while ago a hum developed in the pre-amp due to some incorrect wiring.

the pre-amp is prologic,my intent was to get a dts unit (gdd1)I AM NOW UNSURE BECAUSE OF THE HUM , weather to go this route.

I dont want to spend too much at this time about 275-400. Would i be able to purchase a good used pre-amp/tuner for this sum?

My perference is to have seperates,it'S not my intent to DISCARD the ACURUS.Could the purchase of a cheap receiver be used with the acurus, if so how would it be connected.

THANK'S for your advice..

if you got a receiveri t would have to have 5.1 outputs to connect to the amp. I don't see why you think you'd have to get rid of the acurus. All you need is something with a 5.1 analog output. I think you might have a hard time finding a pre amp with DTS and DD for that much though.

Prodj101

thanks for your responce,forgive my audio ignorance,was just trying to make sure any advice would not lean towards abonding the amp. Is this what is refered to as bi-amping.

would this procedure be simillar to hook up of pre-amp.and any type of 5.1 will suffice.

once again thankyou.