Acoustron LWE-IA Loudspeakers w/Motion Feedback

Frzninvt

I have a pair of some of the rarest speakers on the planet, the Acoustron LWE-IA's hand built by Louis W. Erath in his Texas plant back in the late sixties or early seventies. These speakers have a unique motion feedback circuit that can utilize your amplifier's negative feedback loop to reinforce the low end bass. This allows you to put a larger woofer in a smaller box but still reach into the 20Hz range. Louis Erath's speciality was seismograph testing which led him to this idea. These speakers have a 15" CTS woofer, a 6" CTS midrange and an EV T-35 tweeter. There are controls for the midrange and tweeter on the back and a room gain control as well. I would like to offer these to someone that may make better use of them than I am, I think they were designed to work with tube amplifiers. This was accomplished with 6-pin Cinch-Jones connectors with two leads going to the amp and two returning on each speaker plus the standard connections. I believe they are at least 96db efficient and have more bass output than the Heresy for sure, they can easily compare with a Cornwall (minus the horn midrange of course) and are significantly smaller. They are in excellent condition with very minor wear and include the original stands. I am unsure of the finish, walnut perhaps? They are tremendously heavy. I am willing to trade them for a pair of original Heresy's in equal condition if anyone is interested in these rare gems please let me know. Preferably someone in the NorthEast as I said these babies are HEAVY! I have a digitized copy of a review on them that was done in the 70's, they were highly praised and solid across the entire audible spectrum. Please just email me for more info, information on these speakers is very limited.