CP-1, v.2-400 Hookup Questions

tjmaxwell

Hi everyone,

I've had the Promedia v.2-400 speaker system since they first came out. The need has arrived for a headphone jack for my speakers, so I was about to go buy a new set of Logitech Z560s when I found out about the CP-1 upgrade. I decided to order that instead. I'm not incredibly savvy when it comes to these things. Is the CP-1 difficult to install?

Also, I had to move my computer into a new room recently, and there simply isn't room to hook up the rear speakers. I've been using the two satellites with the subwoofer and I'm concerned that I don't have it hooked up properly. I have a Sound Blaster Live! XGamer sound card. If possible, could someone please tell me exactly which color plugs go into which color plugs on the sound card? I believe I currently have the purple plugged into the black port on the SB, and the green plugged into green on the SB. If this isn't right, please let me know. Thanks!

Guest Damen Bonner

TJMAXWELL,

The CP-1 is very simple to install. Remove the stand on the bottum of the satellite with a phillips screw driver. Have the speaker facing you, and simply slide the old control pod off( by pusing it backwards). The new CP-1 will slide right on.

Some tips.

1. Be prepared for the unscrewing. The stand screws can be EXTREMELY tight, i pulled a muscle (or cause some other form of muscle pain haha) doing this once.

2. You push backwards and then pull down. It does not exactly slide off like a remote control's battery cover.

3. Be gentle. The CP-1 is a tight fit. Don't force it in there all at once. Work it in there slowly.

4. Don't push on the front of the CP-1. The volume controls are very sensitive and if you push down on THEM, you could cause them to malfunction. Push rather by grabbing the sides of the CP-1 and the back, which is where you will push the most anyways.

5. Secure the CP-1 cables. I have read more times than I can count on people who have SOMEHOW pulled the cable that goes into the sub in such a way that it breaks off the plug on the end. Basically, don't have it in a walk way like some people do... for whatever reason.

Do you have all four satellites at least plugged into the sub?

Front - Green

Rear - Black/Purple

• 3 weeks later...