Niles SI-1230 12-Chan/40Watt/4ohm, (Bridgeable to 80W) Power Amp, parts only

Tutor Turtle

Niles SI-1230 12 Stereo Channel Whole-House Power Amplifier, for parts only. 30 watts @ 8ohms (40watts @ 4 ohms) x 12 Stereo channels, bridgeable 80 watts x 6 Stereo channels @ 8 ohms only. I tested this unit as far as I could without schematics, the power mains are good, each amplifier module has its own main power supply, there are no signs of burnt components or evidence of overheating anywhere in this unit. It is not in "protect mode" (status led is green) so it is highly likely the 12 individual stereo modules are OK. The amplifier design is such that if any one amplifier module is bad, the front panel status light will illuminate red and the rest of the amplifier modules will continue to function as normal. The pre-amp positive supply regulator is working (+28 volts) the negative regulator is at +11 volts (should be -28 volts) where the fault likely lies. As all channels are not passing the signal.
This amplifier employs cascading inputs and outputs. Each channel can be driven individually, or all at once via a main bus or in any combination thereof using the dip switches and separate RCA jacks on the rear panel. Each pair of channels can be bridged up to 6 stereo channels x 80 watts (at 8 ohms only). Or 24 mono channels x 30 watts at 8 ohms, 40 watts at 4 ohms. There is some minor scratches on the case and the left front conner has a little of the paint rubbed off. The cabinet is in pretty decent over-all condition.
It would be a fun and rewarding project for someone handy with a solder iron, I found Instructional videos on youtube. The operating manual is available free, on line.
$50 + shipping from 03870

IMG_2205.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG