Denon 2802 for sale!

dblue

I'm posting a Denon 2802 for sale. It is in excellent shape and works perfectly. It is about 10 months old. I'm selling it because I'm getting a HK AVR525. I'm asking $400. Buyer will pay shipping. I just thought I'd post it here before ebay and give some fellow Klipschers a chance. Thanks!

I'm asking $400. I belive it is still under warranty for another year from the seller. I'll check that when I get home tonight. As far as negotiability goes, make an offer. I won't go too much lower, as used ones without warranties are going for around $400 on ebay. I'll post about the warranty tonight. Anyway, make an offer and we'll talk. My email addy is dblue@midwest.net. Thanks!

Not lately. I've been pretty busy with work and applying to grad school. My brother is flying in tonight and bringing some of his games (NFL2k3, NCAA basketball 2k3, Deathrow, Splinter Cell, etc..) and we'll probably be playing all weekend.

I rented Rocky the other day. It's ok. I want to try Commandos 2, but I don't think any Blockbusters carry it.

----------------

On 1/17/2003 9:38:01 AM rjb294 wrote:

Diggs,

I am tired of supporting us!
----------------

Hi - A bit of unsolicited advice (the most unwelcome kind, I know, but I'll take the risk) 1.gif :

Call me old fashioned, but I believe you'll be better off if you plan to provide for the family. Before the flames start, hear me out.

This actually has practical applications in the long run. Many couples who are both working find themselves in dire straits when they decide to have a family and temporarily (or permanently) lose a good chunk of the income if Mom wants to stay home (which is a great investment in the kids, BTW). They've built a lifestyle around two incomes (with the typical complement of mortgage payments, car payments, credit card payments, blah blah blah) which they don't want to give up or cut back on when it goes to one income. Understandable -- it's hard to scale back. So then the debt spiral begins -- "Hey, we can just charge it." The average credit card debt right now in the USofA is $8500 (at some userous rate, no doubt). Bankruptcies are at an all time high, and up something like 25% over last year.

So, in my most grandfatherly tone, I say as best you can live on your income alone and use hers for some fun stuff, but nothing you're committed to long term (like payments). Pay cash for everything if you can. Delay gratification. You'll both sleep better at night, and live longer.

That was just on my heart. I hope you understand the intent with which it is given.

DD

DD,

I didn't mean that I totally hate her or anything, but I do hear what you are saying. It's just that we are young and we are doing fine right now. I...well...we would just like to have the money for those nice things. I know we can live off of one income because we are doing it right now. All I was saying is that it is going to be nice to have 2 incomes coming in. Hell...we bought a house on one income, so I know we can make it jsut fine on one, and I do not mind providing for us, but it is a drag when you want so much and don't have money.

We are staying away from the credit cards. If we don't have the money we don't get it. I am one who saves up for things and then when I have the money I buy. My wife is one who likes to spend every little penny she gets, but I am trying to beat the savings thing into her. I have also read some books about finishing rich, and they say save save save!

I wasn't really complaining, but just venting a little frustration... Thanks for the words of advice though...I'll keep them in mind.

RJB

Well, here's the warranty info:

The online retailer I bought it from offers to cover the manufacturer's warranty as stated. This means that this particular unit is under warranty for two years from the purchase date. In this case, the warranty will expire on April 15, 2004. So there's a little under a year left on the warranty. I dug out the box, manual, and recipt. Everything is accounted for, and as stated before, the receiver is in excellent shape. Thanks!