Active bi-amping KLF30's

gandalf

Hi,

I wood like to know how find the good values to make active amping for my Klipsch KLF30. I read that crossover are 825Hz for bass and 7000Hz for high frequency but is it the same value to choose for an active amping ? What is the maximum power in each driver (in global this is 200 watt and 800 in max) and wich decay to choose (-6 dB/octave, -12 dB/octave, -24db/octave) ?

Well, i'am in the fog for that purpose 6.gif

Sorry for my poor inglish 1.gif

Thank's

Well i mean i want to take out the crossover of my klf30 and before amps use an active crossover for them. Since i'll can optimize the acoustic response of the klf30 and my room.

But to do this a need the maximum input power of each driver of the klf30 to calibrate the level of each way at the output of the active crossover (i think about RANE or similar product).

Your belief of what is an Active Crossover is correct (as opposed to a Passive Crossover; i.e what is already in the speaker cabinet) But as far as Active Bi-Amping, I too have never heard of this before. Your best bet is to use two of the same make and model amps. This way the timbre is the same, the output voltage curve is the same and the final output to the drivers is the same (after the active/external crossover). Don't worry about matching the maximum power hadeling capabilities of each pair of drivers. as long as your using the same model amp as described above they'll only use what is given to them and sound fine. This is providing the output (wattage) curve is the same on each amp (which should be directly related to having the same input voltage setting/rating on each amp).

Thank you tblasing for your post. So if i well understood you preconize passive by amping more than active ? Some of my friends who use passive bi-amping have a tube amp for high-mid range frequency and a transistor's for bass (better response and cheaper for high value amping than tube). they use one stereo amp for 2 high frequency crossover and another one for the 2 low, since they have "2 half amp" one each cabinet.

Actually a have 2 mono-bloc tube amp (4 6V6GT on each) in mono-amp configuration. I thing i will take 2 more to make passive bi-amp in future (one for high and one for low filter) and i'm thing about active crossover for maximum optimisation (so take out the internal filters) but this solution demands a lot of work and a lot af knowing about the actual caracteristic of the filters, and i dont know. That the reason why a ask you, fan of Klipsch 2.gif It might be too difficult fr mee to realise active bi-amping but a really want to try it 9.gif

Thank you for all.