Promedia Sub Vs. Promedia Heritage Sub

carewser

I was excited to get my hands on the heritage promedia system once I heard about it because the 8" sub is bigger and heavier than the regular 6 1/2" promedia sub and for a basshead like me, that's a big deal. On top of this the new system has a remote which is a nice bonus. Since I also have a 10" Martin Logan sub that goes down to 29hz I thought it would ge great to compare them but sadly, there is no comparison, the heritage sub doesn't even come close to the Martin Logan, in fact it can't even compete with the smaller, regular promedia sub which is actually kind of amazing. One of the other members here claims they tested the heritage sub and it does in fact go down to 29hz yet how is it that when I set the heritage sub to half it doesn't even produce the same depth or volume of bass that the regular promedia sub at it's lowest setting? The one good thing about all of this is that at least with the new heritage sub you can turn it off whereas with the regular promedia sub you can't turn it right off. I even moved the heritage sub around thinking placement was the problem but it didn't help, it still sounds like shit so it would be nice if Klipsch gave honest specs for the new heritage sub because it doesn't go anywhere close to 29 hz

Edited by carewser