Klipsch Connect not completing updates on Fives

gjkramer

I successfully completed the initial firmware update parts 1 and 2 using the Klipsch Fives Updater app. The issue I have is that the Klipsch Connect app does not complete its updates and ends with a message of "Update Failed."

Without this initial setup completing successfully, I am not able to access the app or view any of the EQ or other settings. I am working with Klipsch support but so far no solution. Tried all the normal stuff that has previously been discussed in other threads. I'm doing this on an iPhone. As a next step I was thinking of buying an inexpensive android phone to see whether that might work. I have tried two different iPhones and one iPad and all end with the same message...see the attached screenshot.

Anyone else run across this and found a solution?

image.thumb.png.2777bed2586d5df283de47a69bf23a54.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/6/2023 at 8:26 PM, gjkramer said:

I successfully completed the initial firmware update parts 1 and 2 using the Klipsch Fives Updater app. The issue I have is that the Klipsch Connect app does not complete its updates and ends with a message of "Update Failed."

Without this initial setup completing successfully, I am not able to access the app or view any of the EQ or other settings. I am working with Klipsch support but so far no solution. Tried all the normal stuff that has previously been discussed in other threads. I'm doing this on an iPhone. As a next step I was thinking of buying an inexpensive android phone to see whether that might work. I have tried two different iPhones and one iPad and all end with the same message...see the attached screenshot.

Anyone else run across this and found a solution?

image.thumb.png.2777bed2586d5df283de47a69bf23a54.png

Same issue for me. I've tried both android devices and ios, no success 

On 4/11/2023 at 4:02 AM, John Bee said:

Klipsch are aware of the issue and are allegedly working on a fix.

I finally had success updating using the Klipsch Connect app. Previously the Klipsch Connect app would try to install 2 of 2 updates. This time it was 1 of 1 update and completed successfully.

I basically started over from scratch...deleted the app from my phone, rebooted, and then proceeded with the Fives Updater app and USB thumb drive procedure.

Why it worked this time and not before is still somewhat of a mystery...maybe Klipsch did change something within the download file. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 1:48 AM, John Bee said:

For the record - the update still fails for me.

I am still experiencing this issue as well @John Bee. I was hoping the latest Connect update would resolve, but did not for me. The update circle flips rapidly between Downloading Firmware (0%) and Uploading (0%) before failing after 5-10 seconds.

I just opened a support request with Klipsch for additional help.

Screenshot_20230518_111548_Klipsch_Connect[1].jpg

• 1 month later...

Also having this error repeatedly while trying to update my firmware. Using an iPhone the USB step seemed to complete, then the Fives Updater app claims it was successful, and as described above, Klipsch Connect says "Update Failed" after a minute or so of 0%. It's frustrating enough that updating firmware is a 3 step process requiring a different app/device on each step, and also frustrating that the Fives sound pretty awful as shipped. I really want the EQ to try to improve things, but at this point I'm considering selling them cheap on ebay and making sure this is my last Klipsch purchase.

• 1 month later...