In-Wall Subwoofer Amp

Gregavi

I have a Klipsch RW 5802 IW Subwoofer which is passive. In some of the documentation I have read, it states that the Klipsch RSA-500 dedicated subwoofer Amplifier must be used to drive it. Is this true or will pretty much any power amp work with this sub? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

The 500 using one inwall Klipsch sub 5802 delivers 300 watts.

Probably work with another but, would try before you buy.

Is there a reason?

Thanks and welcome back!

@Gregavi

Yeah there's a reason. I don't want to spend $1k on an amp if I can use something else that would be adequate. I can easily find a stereo amp that can be bridged mono for a lot less.

• Like 1

That's what I figured considering it's two 8" drivers. I got this one from a guy who had a plan several years ago that never came to fruition, so it has never had an amp connected to it. New old stock I guess.

Do you know the difference between the 5802 II and this one? The only thing I could find is the grills on the II have magnet fastening system.

• Like 1

No I do not, maybe the magnets. Also, seem to recall there was a choice for black color in the 5802.

Anyway, see the RSA come up on craigslist from time to time.

Still 400 bucks though or around. Maybe you can find something that will work. They will need to be rattle proof.