SOLD

robert_kc

This is a DeWALD M-1200 integrated amp that employs EL84/6BQ5 x 4, 12AX7 x 4, and 6V4/EZ80 (rectifier tubes) x 2.  According to radiomuseum.org, this amp was introduced in 1959.   I’m told that this amp has the same chassis as a Lafayette LA90.

My wish is to provide this amp free-of-charge to someone who will restore it to proper operating condition, and enjoy it for their personal use (or pass it on to another music lover).  

The amp is offered without any tubes.   

This DeWALD integrated tube amp was given to me by the original owner, with the understanding that I would harvest the tubes, and dispose of the chassis as I see fit.   

I’ll consider any proposals from members who would take this amp free-of-charge and electronically restore it (e.g., presumably replace critical capacitors, etc.).  

The original owner told me that the amp stopped working after he accidently left it on for a week.   (I don’t know how long ago that was.)  Some gunk on the inside of the bottom plate, and discoloration on top of the chassis, suggests that the amp probably overheated.   (The chassis was covered with a very thick layer of dust when I received it.)

I’m not a technician.  All I’ve done is harvest the tubes, and shop vac the top layer of dust off the chassis, and I made one pass wiping the top of the chassis with isopropyl alcohol.  (The photos are after this superficial cleaning.)

I prefer pickup in Kansas City.  (I suggest a designated “internet exchange area” in a police station parking lot.)  I’d rather not go to the trouble and expense of packaging and shipping this amp.   

My hope is that this amp will deliver beautiful music once again!

Anyone interested?

Robert

image.thumb.jpeg.76e3b8d5cafeadfbdc102f3abf4bf1ac.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3b33164c7c42740194cd4e9ba74e04a7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.614895c248c4dd7552111dec62943bf5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c95f85a6d321d994f0753bc46877b0cf.jpeg

• Like 2