dual speaker connections

dbngaa

ok,

i was wondering if it possible, or even advisable, to connect the same speakers to 2 different receivers at the same time? i have kg5.5's and have been given a marantz 2230 receiver and marantz 6100 turntable. i am already using the 5.5's with my onkyo 575x, but would like to also use them with the marantz set-up. is there a way? thanks

dbngaa,

If your problem is that the Onkyo does not have a phono input and you cannot hook the Marantz 6100 directly to the Onkyo, then I'd suggest running the 6100 into the phono input of the 2230, and taking the tape out of the 2230 into one of the aux inputs of the 575x. The tape out of the marantz will be ahead of the volume control, so you'll have minimal circuitry between the phono section and the input to the Onkyo. The Onkyo will see the Marantz just like any other source (tuner, tape deck, CD player, whatever) and you'll be able to control the phono signal coming from the Marantz just like any other input.

Under no circumstances should you connect both receivers to the same speakers at the same time. You will break something. Even if you leave one receiver turned off while you're listening to the other one, bad things will happen. frown.gif

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering