RP-400C vs RP-504C and LG 55"

Greg C

I have a my RP-400c connected to the central channel on a DENON AVR-X3700H, which is connected to a 55" LG tv.

While my Left and Right speakers are fine for watching movies, when it comes to dialog it is incredibly low on the central RP-400c despite turning the sound level to max and trying to get dynamic sound.

Because of this I can't use the speakers at all for watching TV shows and movies, since the default internal speaker LG 55" 4K UHD Smart OLED TV (OLED55CXPUA)

is crisper louder dialog.

If I swap it out with a RP-504C will I get better dialog sound?

I wiwould check your volume levels for all of your speakers if you haven’t done so already and also see what the settings are.  Sounds more like a Settings issue issue to me. I would check your volume levels for all of your speakers if you haven’t done so already and also see what the settings are.  I have an RP 250 C can I have it and have no dialogue issues whatsoever.

Something definitely seems wrong with your setup, if you cannot hear dialog from the Denon. Have you done an Audyssey calibration? That would help detect some wiring issues as well. I discovered after moving some equipment around I accidentally mixed up a few cables around last time, which shocked me during the calibration setup.

• 2 weeks later...