matching kg2's for surround sound?

glump

Couple of questions. I have the old kg2's and am looking to build a home theater. I am wondering if i should scrap the kg2's for new fronts that match, or use the ole' fellas in my theater with the new additions? Also, I am considering 6.1 and was wondering if klipsch made a rear center yet? Lastly, if you were to keep the kg2's as the fronts what do you match with them? Thanks.

Hi Glenn - I think, given the recent enhancement of the Reference series line, I might consider moving the KG2s to either rear speaker duty or to another room, and building a new system from scratch. The KG2s are fine speakers, no doubt, but unlike some of the Heritage series, may not be worth keeping as mains for HT given the challenge of finding timbre-matched centers and rears (gotta buy 'em used).

For rear center speakers, many on this board have just used another center channel speaker.

Why not just get another pair of KG2's? Or how about a pair of KG4's for the fronts, move the KG2's to the rear get a KV 2.2V or 2.5V center channel and get some KG1's 1.2's or so for effects speakers and a subwoofer and you would be all set. You would obviously have to purchase all these speakers used, but it would be worth it. But if you have lots of money to spend you could start all over with newer Klipsch speakers, however I don't think it is necessary. A HT could easily be molded around the KG2's.