Sold Klipsch KG4 in Elburn IL - Avoid

Iteachstem

Hello all,

These are posted for $300 in Elburn, Illinois.  I message asking about the visible mildew at the bottom and the overall condition.  He said they were in very good condition only a small issue with the passive radiator.  I offered $200 pending in-person inspection and he agreed.

I showed up and they are absolute garbage.  Water/humidity damage, so much so that the cabinet seems are clearly separating.  Mildew.  Several gouges on the cabinets.  One passive has a rip.  2 of the 4 drivers have messed up dust caps.  I asked if he was willing to work on the price and he totally blew me off and said these are nice speakers.  (Again, making me thing what do people consider" not so nice" condition.)

If he would work on the price, it might be nice for some spare parts...however, you have to take into account the environment these speakers endured over their lifetime.

I posted this so that you have more details if you are local and considering buying these.  I hope this helps.  I will never get back the 45 minutes it took me to check them out in person.

IMG_8693.PNG

• Like 1

• Iteachstem changed the title to Sold Klipsch KG4 in Elburn IL - Avoid