Early (1956) K-horns with wooden mid-range horn and vertical T-35 EV tweeter...$2800 or offer!

chronometers

No affiliation....interesting looking very early set of K-horns....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304659110073?mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&campid=5338197647&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

If I was looking for a set of early units, I'd definitely look into these and use Uship service to find a suitable driver to pick them up for me.  

I believe eBay does not allow sellers to require cash on pick-up so you should be able to buy, pay using eBay's payment service using a credit card and get them picked-up.  eBay allows for remote pick-up and provides a QR code.  You get buyer protection from eBay too.   

• Like 1

I suspect these have either been out in the weather for a bit, or spent a long time in unheated storage. All the grills and frames are gone, along with the valuable original alnico woofers. Someone even removed the clear plexiglass badges which had engraved Klipschorn script logos. A potential buyer should inspect these cabinets for structural damage before purchase, because I think that discarding the grills and painting the backs with white house paint was done to hide what these speakers have been through.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, chronometers said:

Agree!  Those are good suggestions. 

Thanks, chronometers! But I should have said "Thanks for posting this link!" because we rarely see Klipschorns with composite wood midrange horns for sale as a pair, and I appreciate that you gave us the heads up!

• Like 1