RF3II's and RC7... bad combo?

Thade

My RC3 just doesn't seem right to me. It sounds a bit thin and sometimes it seems like there's a vibration on voices. I am pretty anal about sound so it may just be me... no one else seems to hear it....could be the receiver too. I was thinkin about bringing it back to Tweeter to compare it to another RC3 but I'm wondering if I should just go to a RC7?? I have RC3II's (front), RB3's (rear) Pioneer Elite vsx-41 and an ATI 1506 amp. I know Klipsch doesn't recommend RC7/RF3II combo BUT another retailer suggested the RC7 would be no prob. Any feedback would be appreciated.

TIA

Jeff

I would think that by reading the specs on the two, the rc7 has the same woofers as the the rf3II's, and the crossover point is closer rf3II's (1950 hz) the rc3II's (2100 hz) and the rc7(1975 hz). The major difference however is that the rc7 has a larger horn 8" square versus 6" square on the the rc3II and the rf3II, and a different high frequency driver 1/34" on rc7 vs. 1" used on both the rc3II and the rf3II. If they are timbre matched or voiced the same, I would think that the rc7 would be a better match in my opinion. If anyone has tried this combo, please feel free to comment on it.