No sound after changing TV source - The Fives

dylankmz

Hi all,

I have a very weird issue where the sound just disappears after changing the TV source or just launching content on my Apple TV, for example. Let’s say I am playing on my PS5 and I want to switch over to my Apple TV source or any other source, and suddenly I don’t have any sound anymore. My audio format is set to Stereo/PCM on all devices, including my Samsung TV. When this happens, what I do is change the input on my speakers and then back to TV (I am using ARC), and after that, the sound just pops back suddenly. The Fives are on the latest firmware, have been factory reset multiple times, and have been tested with different HDMI and optical cables (this also happens when using OPT mode). I am not sure what to do; could it be that the internal amp is failing? The speakers are not even a year old. Here is some diagnostic information if it can help:

Model Name: The Fives
MAC Address: xxxxxx
Serial Number: xxxxxx
Model Number: 1067563
UUID: FA07104A-2B01-0000-0000-54B7E580ECD9
Current Input: TV
Firmware Version: 1.6.9
Hardware Version: 02.00.01
MCU Firmware Version: 7.0.3
DSP Firmware Version: s.o.
Bootloader Firmware Version: 01.00.01

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same issue and it's driving me mad. Not sure if this is an issue with The Fives or Samsung TV. All I know is I didn't have the same issue with my soundbar.

I love the sound of these speakers but they seem to have software issues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...