Connect app cat read name from cinema 800

MAA

Connect via BT works nice ... but as soon as i get to the name your product screen it loads a bit and then gets an error "error reading name".

soundbar is on the latest FW upgrade and i tried several phones, did a full reset on the soundbar and tried older versions of klipsch connect.

so far no luck.

Is there an EQ in the connect app you can use with the Cinema 800? Or is all that comes after naming the bar, the registrations and thats that?

Overall a very bug product ... sometimes just wont turn on via HDMI ARC.

needs to be disconnected from power and restartet to get it working again.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/4/2023 at 11:56 AM, MAA said:

Connect via BT works nice ... but as soon as i get to the name your product screen it loads a bit and then gets an error "error reading name".

soundbar is on the latest FW upgrade and i tried several phones, did a full reset on the soundbar and tried older versions of klipsch connect.

so far no luck.

Is there an EQ in the connect app you can use with the Cinema 800? Or is all that comes after naming the bar, the registrations and thats that?

Overall a very bug product ... sometimes just wont turn on via HDMI ARC.

needs to be disconnected from power and restartet to get it working again.....

Nobody has addressed the "error reading name" portion of OP's post. I'm seeing the same issue where the Connect app sees Cinema 800 soundbar, connects to wifi, goes through the Alexa config screen, but stumbles upon reading the system name and gives the error, "There was an error reading the name. Please try again." It happens even after doing a Factory Reset on the soundbar.

Perhaps a Klipsch rep can address the issue.

Cheers.

Klipsch Connect app error - Cinema 800 5.1.png