Replacing my 505c... 404c II??

madmortar

So recently moved into a new house and I am having to adjust my set up a bit. 

Going from having my 65 SONY OLED mounted on a wall & the 505c on entertainment console, to mounting my 65 SONY OLED into a built in entertainment center. 

At first, I hated the built in... TV too high... couldnt place my center channel... etc. Yet, my wife loves it and with time I have started to adjust. In fact, the way I sit on the couch I still very much enjoy watching movies with how I have the TV angled, also plan to upgrade to 83in in future and which should help. 

Ok back to my center channel issue. The good news is that I am going from RP-4000f towers in my old house to RP-8000f in this new house. Yet unless I modify and chop to hell this built in, there is no room for my 505c. I just noticed that Klipsch released a sealed 404c II that would work for me, as the depth of the speaker would allow it to sit on a small shelf as seen in picture. Right now I have been testing the RP-640D on wall speaker and to be honest I have been pretty happy with it although doesnt have much of a wide dispersion so unless you are dead center if can sound weak. 

I was worried about how the 404c II only goes down to 87hz (the 640D goes much lower) but in calling Klipsch and Crutchfield, they both recommended the 404c II over the 640D. 

There isnt alot of info on the 404c II online or on Youtube (reviews etc).

What do you all think? Ditch the 640D and go with the 404c II? 

IMG_4030.HEIC IMG_4029.HEIC

Edited by madmortar