Sound problem-need help!!!!

dkshadows

I just had a company build me a computer and ordered the Klipsch 5.1 speakers with it. I have a creative labs sb 6.1 audigy 2 card. Everything was connected and the night the computer came I played one of my computer games and the sound was fine. I had a friend set everything up. I am not too technically inclined with computer problems. The next morning I booted my computer and got on the internet. I did not need the sound for this and a few minutes later I heard a loud popping sound and my computer rebooted.I am not sure when you turn off your computer if the speakers automatically turn off but when the system rebooted the power was off. My friend came over and turned the power on but the sound has a muffled/crackly problem. He could not fix. I tested a file that had sound and could bearly hear it, garbled,crackly and muffled. I had the 3 setting on 10 and the main control set to 45. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. I spent $3000 total on my system and just want to play my games. Thanx Tom

For future reference:

Re: ProMedia Questions

All questions related to ProMedia product should be posted in the ProMedia section of the forum below the Home Audio section on the main forum page.

It sounds to me as if the amplifier for your promedia speakers has failed. You should return them to the vendor for replacement.