Everyone Can Afford a Tube Amp - $139 (new)!

J M O N

Yeah, I wouldn't think that someone with Khorns and the like should be using something like this, but for those folks who only have some spare change to spend for something to drive their, let's say Heresy's or something, and they have a fear of buying used or something vintage that could require updating/repairs, this is something that could get them to wet their appetite for tubes without requiring a big investment. In other words, there may be some people out there that this is just what they need to give tubes a try, whereas they otherwise may never try them. This of course is assuming that this amp is at least decent. I actually have been in this particular audio store, and it doesn't seem like they would carry anything of low quality. Their selection includes highly regarded (at least by some) brands such as ARC, ProAc, Alon, Rogue, and even ASL. I agree the amp doesn't exactly look sharp, but really what can you expect for that price.