KSW 15

sound boy

You may want to replace the industrial K-43 woofers in the Pro's to the K-33 model to improve the low end response. The K-33's are about $100 apiece, you could sell the K-43's to finance the change to the K-33's. The bass response of the La Scala which many refer to as on the lean side is very fast and accurate tight bass with no floppy-ness at all. It will take more than just one KSW-15 to keep up with them on bass passages. While the KSW-15 will certainly help, at moderate to high levels the La Scala's will over power the sub. I would start with the different woofers, give them a listen and see what you think. Then investigate a subwoofer. Two KSW-15's would surely keep up to a point, however for the price of two of them there may be a better option. Lots of folks on this BB seem to favor the SVS subs however I have no experience with them nor have I ever heard one. I am currently using a KSW-15 with my Belle mains and La Scala center along with a passive DBX 15" subwoofer with two outboard amplifiers feeding it and together they can keep up pretty good. I can turn it up enough to see how they hold up when levels reach 120db or more. I can tell you though I have no trouble reaching 120db in the living room. Have you tried the simple things yet, like placement and toe in, adding grippers to the bottom of the cabinet to suspend it off the floor. Little things like that can make suprising improvements without modifying the speakers at all.

I am probably guessing here but I would say you would gain another 10Hz on the low end. Try using the black neoprene grippers on the feet of them, they are available at Wal Mart. Also different amplifiers and receivers have different effects on the bass that the La Scala will reproduce. What are you using as an amplifier?