New Addition To My Klipsch Family

Peter P.

I just bought a pair of Klipsch Promedia 2.0 powered speakers for my computer.

Quite frankly, the built-in speakers on my Mac just didn't have enough "oomph" which I attribute to their

down facing orientation. I endured it for years and finally opened my wallet. The other thing holding me

back was the limited space on my table.

I'll start with the negative-the user manual is extremely difficult to understand. It took a while to figure out

how to get the Bluetooth connection working. I prefer the Aux connection which I plug into the Mac's headset

output. Lastly, the LED indicator is REALLY bright! And that's it.

I bought them sight unseen and was surprised how much larger they are versus the typical unpowered computer

speakers such as from Logitech, but it makes sense considering the internal amplification.

They have plenty of output for watching youtube videos. And the sound is great, but the unusual thing is, even sitting

roughly an arm's length away from them, I can't tell the sound is coming from the speakers! It's as if there is some audio

processing that results in the sound just being "there" but not coming from a tiny box.

Something else I thought of after my purchase: I could have bought a Klipsch power speaker like their tabletop models

and achieved the same result with perhaps a smaller footprint. I wonder if anyone else has thought about using a tabletop

speaker with their computer?

I'm very pleased.

Speakers - 1.jpeg

Speakers2 - 1.jpeg