I just lost sound from my rear right 4.1 speaker!

screamatorium

I've lost sound from my rear right speaker. Actually there is sound, but it is very very small. Its not the wires, I swapped them around and the rear right still doesnt work. Its not the speakers, I swapped those too. Its not thte sound card, because I tried my roomates speakers and all four channels work just fine. Whatever is connected to the rear right ports on the sub dont work. So what are my options here? I bought my speakers probably over a year ago, and I'm not sure I still have the receipt. I bought it at best buy. Shoul I open up the back panel and fiddle around? Is there something I can do to see if the problem is the connectors, or if something has gone wrong inside? HELP! I just bought an audigy 2 platinum, and it sounds retarded since everything behind you is always comming from the left! Heeeelp!

EDIT

I just got sound for about a second for the rear right speaker, then there was a pop, and the sound went down again. The pop came when the volume of the sound I was playing got a little high. Yeearg!

I recently had a similar problem with one of my speakers. It turned out that the wires leading from one of my woofers connections to the voice coil were too long, and were touching each other, thus shorting out the speaker. If you can remove the speaker, check to ensure that the wires to the voice coil are not touching. Playing at louder volumes may vibrate the wires together. Try to separate them. If you are nible enough, you may be able to place electical tape around one of the wires.

good luck