Crackling

mdog1764

I Hear everyone talking about their speakers crackling and mine are a little different from everyones. mine are the left and right speakers that have the most noise comming from them. I have to unplug them for a couple hours to get it to stop. Could this possibly be the amp going out?? And if so where in Las Vegas can I go to send them back or do I have to send them through the mail? Please Help!!!!

Mdog-

I too have a crackling channel on my amp, there is an easy test to do to verify that its a amp channel problem. First, draw a schematic of your system, amp/reciever, cable, speaker, and souce. Then, note which channel is crackling, then switch the speaker cables around and note the location of the crackling. Then try the amp imput lines, then the source. Using this method, you can isolate the location of the crackle. For me, i confirmed that its from the right front channel of my amp, i just haven't opened the amp up to trace it farther then that...this weekends task i think.....

-Dave