Rp 140sa vs r 40sa

Samy mohamed

I am choosing between rp 140sa vs r40sa and I don't know which one to buy? Or even the difference between them.

I did notice the r40sa is newer but twice the price on amazon so which one to buy?

For reference whichever one I buy I will be using it as surround speakers .

I can only buy those two from Amazon as other speakers don't ship to my country so help me choose please.

Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

What speakers do you currently own?

My system is currently a Mashup of so many different brands but I do intend to one by one transform my system to fully klipsch only.

L/R : wharfdale diamond 9.5 tower speakers

Central: b&w cc6 s2

Surrounds are the ones I'm replacing.

Thanks I'm advance 

You could use either, the RP line are considered better build and may use different drivers.  What direction do you want to go?  Get the RP line if you plan on a Klipsch system.  Either should do the job with some EQ.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

You could use either, the RP line are considered better build and may use different drivers.  What direction do you want to go?  Get the RP line if you plan on a Klipsch system.  Either should do the job with some EQ.

Yes I do plan on going full klipsch system.

Alright I will go with the rp 140sa.

Thank you  

Another question if I may 

I am currently considering the rp440c vs rp404c for central speaker which one should i go for? The 404c is 100$ more then rp440c

22 hours ago, Samy mohamed said:

I am currently considering the rp440c vs rp404c for central speaker which one should i go for? The 404c is 100$ more then rp440c

If you mean the **450**C speaker instead of the 440c I'd go for the RP-450C because you can get them from Amazon for $280 OR the RP-504C for $369 with EZ returns if you don't like them.

11 hours ago, 1MoreFord said:

If you mean the **450**C speaker instead of the 440c I'd go for the RP-450C because you can get them from Amazon for $280 OR the RP-504C for $369 with EZ returns if you don't like them.

No good sir I don't mean the 450c I mean the 404c.

The 504 and 450 don't ship to my country my only options for central speakers right now are :

rp440c

Rp404c

Rp52c

its going to be international shipping so ez return isnt an option for me what I get is what I will stick with

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Samy mohamed

2 hours ago, 1MoreFord said:

I keep missing or forgetting about those out of country availability/shipping problems.😳

Its alright so tell me which one would you choose?

On 2/27/2024 at 9:21 AM, 1MoreFord said:

No good sir I don't mean the 450c I mean the 404c.

The 504 and 450 don't ship to my country my only options for central speakers right now are :

rp440c

Rp404c

Rp52c

23 hours ago, Samy mohamed said:

Its alright so tell me which one would you choose?

rp440c

Rp404c

Rp52c

With those constraints I'd go for the rp-440c since the freq response goes lower and the sensitivity is higher but make sure the size of the 440c speaker works for you since it's larger than the 404c.  I like that it's cheaper too.

I'd also caution you to make sure whichever you buy it comes from an authorized Klipsch dealer for the warranty.

https://www.klipsch.com/dealers

Edited by 1MoreFord

4 hours ago, 1MoreFord said:

With those constraints I'd go for the rp-440c since the freq response goes lower and the sensitivity is higher but make sure the size of the 440c speaker works for you since it's larger than the 404c.  I like that it's cheaper too.

I'd also caution you to make sure whichever you buy it comes from an authorized Klipsch dealer for the warranty.

https://www.klipsch.com/dealers

Just acted on it and snatched the last 440c in stock for 250 USD not too bad.

Thank you for the help !

I got the rp140sa along with it too

And a klipsch r100sw too (that was the only sub that would ship to my country XD)