Marantz NR1200 and Forte ii - bad combo

Hey yall! 

I restored a pair of Forte II’s and replaced the capacitors. I bought a Marantz NR-1200 as I thought it would be a nice pairing. I really liked having the option of the HDMI….especially making it easier for the wife to use the system as it is connected to the Apple TV and I can do everything with one remote. I recently borrowed an old Sony TA-5650 from my father and hooked it up to my Fortes via laptop with my iBasso Dac. Holy Moly! I thought I was listening to a totally different system! The detail, separation, and fullness was amazing! I couldn’t believe what was coming out of these speakers!!! Now I need to replace the Marantz. 😞 

So now I’m thinking of picking up a Blusound node and hooking it up to either this Sony, or maybe trying to find a modern integrated amp that works well with the Forte IIs. 

Has anyone used a setup like this? Does anyone have recommendations for an integrated amp that pairs well with Forte IIs that’s UNDER say $800? Cambridge audio? I’d love a tube amp but they all seem about $2000+. 

would appreciate any input.