Which way a mains cable should be plugged in concerning a Bluesound Node?

A question about the correct connection of the mains cable. On old devices with transformer power supplies, you can measure the voltage at the housing vs. earth. If I turn the mains plug 180 degrees in Europe, I have a worse sound if the AC voltage between the housing and earth is higher and I have a better sound if I measure a lower voltage. This type of measurement does not work for devices with a switching power supply without a real transformer. The Node is such a device. I have found out which way round the mains plug has to be so that it sounds better to me. I would like to know whether my subjective impression corresponds to the correct recommendation. So my question is, on which side of the two-core Euro cable should the "hot" wire be regarding the Node? Looking from the back, left or right?

Or is there a general way to find out the correct polarity of the power cable for switching power supplies, other than by ear?

• Haha 1