Turntable discoveries

anarchist

Ok,

Many of you know I am on the turntable hunt and thinking...hell, a bunch of things but I tend towards the LP-12.

So what do I find at my Mom's? (Here for grandma's memorial service - not the best time I ever had but I survived as many of you have.) A Garrard Zero 100c and a old Pioneer SL-7. The Pioneer is headed back home with me where I plan to play with a couple of different cartridges and it will probably find a home on one of the systems I will have - either mated to the Eico or the Ella I will be building. The Toshiba I currently have will be relegated to a box and the new TT I get will be mated to the other system.

The Garrard, while having one cool looking arm - the headshell rotates as the arm moves across the record to minimize tracking error or something, appears to be a basket case and past my level of interest in repair: someone clipped and removed the wiring from the arm to the rca plugs and some suspension item (sponge or some material) is missing.

Anyone know anything about these two tables? Any reason I should rethink my choices?

I bought one new in about 1974? I was very pleased with it. I wish I still had it, but traded off for something else that is long forgotten. The principle of the head shell rotating was to have the head track the groove straight and it did a pretty good job.

They were very complicated mechanicaly compared to most other TT.

Good Luck,

Mike