Help with A/V Receiver Selection

djanecek

Hello All!!

I am looking to replace my current receiver set up, an Onkyo 828THX receiver with separate Onkyo ED-301 DD Decoder.

I have been somewhat disappointed in my Onkyo, not quite getting the definition, or clarity I would like while watching movies.

My current targets are the Marantx SR-8300 (due out April 2003), or the Integra DTR-8.3(I know, it is an Onkyo product). It was also suggested I check out the Denon 4802, which I will do.

Other factors:

* Integra is 7.1 channel, while other 2 are 6.1

* Due to a personal contact, the Marantz will cost me $700-$900 less than the other two

My home theater set up is as follows:

* Klipsch KLF30 fronts

* Klipsch KLF C7 Center channel

* Klipsch KG 1.5 rear surrounds

* Mitsubishi 55" widescreen

* Denon DVD-3800 DVD Player

Any suggestions, comments, opinions would be welcome. Especially any opiniuons as to why I WOULD NOT go with the Marantz given the superb price tag I have been quoted.

Thanks in advance.

I use a Marantz SR9200 for HT,and am very happy with the sound -even though I can't use 138&1/2 of its watts.My room is about 14x24.It's really fun from the back yard,even though I covered a double layer of sound board with sheetrock.The first watt is pretty clean,and it is loaded with features.