Hi, I've had my promedia 2.1 for two and a half years now and today when I was plugging stuff in around my subwoofer I heard a loud pop come from inside it. Now the light on the speaker is completely dead, I've tried multiple outlets to no avail, and it makes me confident in thinking that a fuse has blown within the subwoofer. I would repair it if there weren't so many conflicting guides online on how to do so (plus I have the newer system and I don't have a soldering gun).

So rather than buying an entirely new promedia 2.1 subwoofer (which can be $60-$80) I'm wondering if there's any other subwoofers that are compatible with the connections my speakers have that I could buy as a replacement. I'm not a audiophile so I would have no idea where to even look for something like that, and it's hard to find a direct answer when you're looking at forums from 2010 that are definitely outdated.

I really don't wanna switch from these speakers, I've absolutely loved them since I first got them and I'd like to continue using them for more years to come

Thank you!

9 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I would maybe look on eBay for just the subwoofer from the system.

Yea I have but like I said, most are ranging from $60-$80 and at that point I might as well buy the entire system again cause Klipsch sells them refurbished for $100.

20 hours ago, ParkerPattillo said:

Yea I have but like I said, most are ranging from $60-$80 and at that point I might as well buy the entire system again cause Klipsch sells them refurbished for $100.

It’s a proprietary connection.  I don’t think $60 is unreasonable for a working subwoofer, but it might be a better idea to buy from Klipsch and have a warranty.