Matching Synergy and Reference

Abuzah

Hi guys! I currently own a pair of Klipsch SB-3s. I have only really had the opportunity to enjoy them for about an hour thus far. I do feel, however, that for a room the size that I'm looking at I may need more oomph. A subwoofer will be in order for the future, no doubt. But how would it sound if I moved the SB-3s to the rear and put some RF-3IIs up front? A subwoofer would be installed in the near future after that. This setup will be used 100% for audio. Also, one more question regarding four channel audio: would I just set the receiver to "stereo" still? Or would I have to run it in Dolby Digital? And would this decrease the volume at all? I have a friend that uses his setup for both movies and video, although he only has two speakers. When he goes from "stereo" to "dolby surround", the volume decreases. Thanks for the help guys!

The RF-3s will sound much better than the SB-3s. They just aren't in the same league. Both great, just different.

I'm not familiar with 4-channel audio, so I'm not sure how you run that. Do you mean just running 2 sets of speakers in stereo?

I've noticed the volume seems to decrease when I run music through a surround program. I believe it is because it is being diffused through separate speakers, rather than all "hitting" you from the two main speakers in front of you. I don't know if it is an illusion of seeming less loud or if it really is quieter.

DD