finally did it

manufanatic

I just won an auction for the Denon 3803, I know i have been himin and haain for weeks nay months on my next purchase, Pioneer elite or HK or Denon or seperates. In the end i went with the denon after listining to it and the ROTEL although i felt the Rotel was slightly more musical the Denon was superior in almost every other way. 800 bones for the Denon now the 3090 goes on the Ebay selling block.

thanks for all the help in my decision

----------------

On 2/22/2003 12:51:58 PM bruinsrme wrote:

Congrats,

I think you will be amazed at the difference in your upgrade.

Let us know how your new receiver sounds.

scott

----------------

Some sad news to report.. The seller now unexplicably states she cant accept paypal payments because of the extra 26 dollars in fees. She listed paypal on her auction and now has denied my payment. However My credit card company still shows an authorization for the amount but paypal does show it being recredited. I guess my search for a replacement for the Venerable Yamaha 3090 continues7.gif Damn after the wife had given me the thumbs up now i have to wait for the credit card to clear up before i can purchase something else. Or i could go to best buy and get a sony14.gif

bruins unfortunately its a she and she is not very knowledgable.. Im not a sexist but this woman is getting to me. She just emailed me and said she can now take the credit card through paypal and wants to keep the deal going forward (her Words) This auction ended nicely but then she tried to guage me on shipping we finally agreed on 55 dollars shipped double boxed and insured which is still slightly high but o well. Then I asked for her paypal id she then sent me a Paypal invoice which i paid using my credit card. My cc authorized the amount and she apparently denied it because she was unaware of the 2.9%. Now the paypal site shows them sending it back to my cc for credit but my cc company dosent have that info yet and im being told that it could take up to 30 days for that to happen. This doesnt go against my actual credit but my available credit on the card which isnt a problem since i have over 4000 left but its still a pain to contact them and paypal. I told her that it was probably best for her to relist as i was only going to pay via paypal and thats when i received her latest email stating she could now take the cc. Im not going to pay her fees as this wasnt stated in the auction and if she cant accept that then no deal. I will have to go elsewhere and now maybe i will go to Josh and get the elite instead no not the 49txi but maybe the 45tx i just want the video upconversion but oh well.

As an avid ebayer, i can empathize with the seller. As convenient as paypal is it is relatively new to 99% of ebay sellers.

i know its frustrating but it's equally as frustrating for her. I think she is trying to work the transaction and if she is willing to eat the $26 stick with it. Maybe even consider mailing her a check for half the fees,just a thought.

things sometimes work out better over the phone than through email.

If she sounds confused and lost take some time to see if you can help her out. Please remember this virtual trading space and virtual payments is new to a great deal of people.

Scott

ebayer bruinsrme

Understand your points Scott. I have tried to walk her through this process and now she is seeing the bigger picture. I never doubted she was an honest seller just somewhat niave. Anyways looks like the deal is still on once i verify that my cc is reimbursed. I will post the review of the reciever once i hook it

My not so fondest memory 1970 bruins vs blues

its been 33 years we need to get back to the CUP8.gif

Well, I am starting wonder if the B's will make the play off.

with some of the finest players and coaches one has to start to wonder if the front office needs a facelift.

but at least they are not bankrupt.

I have to fly one of the lithography tools used to make pentium 4's is down got 2 go play.

Scott