new sub

easylistener

I had the same concerns. They quickly disappeared after the first 2 minutes of the Star Wars Episode 1 pod race. You can always (and I recommend it) drop SVS ( techsupport@svsubwoofers ) any concerns and questions you have.

I certainly do not regret my purchase.

SVS also has a thread where Tom and Ron answer questions.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141642&perpage=20&highlight=svs&pagenumber=31

Scott

I've have a KSW-15 for 3 years or so now, and think it's a fair performer, although over time I've come to consider it somewhat of a "beginner's sub": OK in the bang-for-buck department, but chances are you're gonna want to upgrade in a relatively short period of time.

Cut to the chase and get an SVS, RSW, DIY, or have Acoustic Visions or Rutledge Audio build one for you. For the kind of money you're talking, Kyle or Brian could no doubt build you a custom killer sub...

the RSW 10 is a very good subwoofer. I found it to be somewhat lacking when it came to the big roaring chest pounding base.

The SVS PC+ 2039, although being being pushed by a smaller bash amp 525W, puts out a great deal more bass than the rsw. When Tom V of SVS contacted me after looking at my room layout and suggested the PC+ and placing it the right rear corner. Great suggestion but shook the heck out of the antique bottle collection on the floor above. Afer moving it to the front of the room I noticed a decrease in bass, compensated by turning the gain up 1 notch, but kept the bottles on their respective shelves.

Watching movies the svs sub moves a ton of air as well as creating some deep clean bass. 3.gif

Personally,I would look into the svs, definitely more bass for the buck.

The RSW is no slouch.

scott

scott